This recipe is so simple and perfect for breakfast or a quick dessert! You can also use buttermilk instead of normal milk.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg whipped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A knob of butter (for cooking)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the milk and egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Whisk the mixture together until smooth and no lumps.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium to low heat.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Using a ladle, pour one ladle full of pancake mixture into the pan.
- Once bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, flip it over.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes until golden on the other side.
The fluffy pancakes are ready!
Serve with maple syrup, berries, Nutella or anything you want!