This dish is similar to Shakshuka which is a Moroccan egg dish cooked with tomato sauce and spices. It is perfect for brunch with a hot fluffy paratha.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 chopped red peper (capsicum)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Handful chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add a splash of oil to a hot pan and fry the onions and peppers until they are sightly soft.
- Add all the spices and stir thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes and fry.
- Add a bit of water to help the tomatoes cook to create a tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle half of the coriander.
- Create 4 little pockets in the mixture and crack open an egg into each pocket.
- Cover the pan with a lid and put it on medium heat until the eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top