Palak chicken (spinach chicken) is a healthy, fast and simple curry, perfect for a mid-week meal. Usually I have this with boiled white rice or roti, but if you want to be super healthy, brown rice or wholemeal chapatti works too!
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 400g diced chicken breast or thigh
- 2 tomatoes diced (or plum tomatoes from a can)
- 1 packet (5 cups) chopped spinach
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or chilli flakes
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 deseeded green chillies
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, add a splash of oil, heat the oil on medium to low heat and add the chopped onion.
- Fry the onions until translucent, add the garlic and ginger paste and stir for a couple of minutes, if it starts to stick, add a splash of water.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until sealed.
- Now add all the spices and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and let it cook until soft.
- Add the chopped spinach, it will release a lot of water so cook it on medium heat until most of the water has evaporated.
- Now add the green chillies and corriander and mix well.
Serve with a roti or rice and a dollop of yogurt!