These cheesecake brownies are fudgey, gooey and delicious. I usually make these with raspberries to make the Hummingbird style raspberry brownie cheesecake!
This time, I needed to come up with something Halloween themed for a charity bake sale at work. I’m not good with decorating cakes, so I didn’t really fancy attempting a creepy cake. Instead, I scanned through tons of ideas on Pinterest (including breadstick chopped fingers, witch cupcakes and marshmallow ghosts). Eventually, I saw some Halloween themed cheesecake brownies and decided to go with the safe option. 😉
Here is the recipe:
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Oven temperature: 180C
For the brownies:
- 200 gm dark cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter (about 2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Black food colour gel
For the cheesecake:
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Orange food colouring gel
- Turn the oven on to 180C.
- Use greaseproof paper to line a rectangular baking tin (11 x 7 inches).
- In a large pot, melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Let the chocolate, butter and sugar mixture cool down for 20 minutes.
- Add the eggs and combine well.
- Finally, add the flour and mix well (make sure you scrape the flour off the sides of the pot).
- Add the black food colouring gel and mix it well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin but leave 5 tablespoons of mixture for the swirls in the cheesecake.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the cheesecake and whisk using an electric whisk until everything is combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Using a spoon, dollop 5 table spoons of the brownie mixture over the cheesecake mixture (make sure they are spread out).
- With a tooth pick, swirl the dollops of brownie mixture through the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool before diving in!