Got lots of mushy brown bananas? Don’t throw them away! Make this super easy banana loaf.
Its dense and moist and perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert! Prep takes less than 10 minutes.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1tspn vanilla extract
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 180 C (fan).
- In a bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract and mix it all together.
- Then add flour and baking soda and mix well to combine all the flour.
- Make sure you scrape down the edges of the bowl.
- Add pecans and mix again.
- Grab a loaf baking tin. It should be approximately 8 x 4 x 3 inches and grease it with some butter or oil.
- Pour in the cake mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- To check if it’s done, pierce the cake with a toothpick or skewer. The skewer should come out clean without any wet batter.
Enjoy with a big mug of tea!