Visiting my family always involves tons of yummy food and I always come back to London feeling like a whale. It was the first time we had a bit of sun this year so in true British style, we kicked off the summer with a barbecue.
This is my brother’s recipe and he was kind enough to share it with me! The ingredients work so well and the flavours are subtle.
It’s super simple to make, no fuss, no nonsense and tastes great with a soft pitta, hummus and salad.
- 500g boneless chicken thigh pieces
- 3-4 cloves crushed smoked garlic
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Marinade for 15 minutes in the fridge
- Place the chicken pieces onto metal skewers or bamboo skewers (make sure you soak the bamboo skewers beforehand so that they don’t burn)
- Put them on a barbecue or grill, and cook for roughly 10-15 minutes, until cooked through